To investigate some effects of chemical environment on the flotation of sulphide minerals, the effect of pH on pyrite in particular. We were given pyrite ore and had to grind the ore to minus 250 microns and prepare four equal samples of approximately kg, using a riffle sampler and then, number and weigh each sample. Also we used following ...
Flotation pyrites are, however, obtained in marketable quantities as a byproduct of nonferrous metal sulfide beneficiation plants. Figure 1: Source and Demand for sulphuric acid plants The roasting processes as shown in Figure 1 are related to the fluid bed reactor. The largest single line stationary fluid bed roasting plant in operation today has a capacity of 1,130 t/d of pyrite/pyrrhotite ...
· Through the flotation experiment of pyrite and talc artificial mixed ore, the flotation separation effect of pyrite and talc after the intermolecular assembly of the solid–liquid interface flotation agent was investigated. The artificial mixed ore flotation test was carried out in a 40 ml hanging trough flotation machine.
Oxidative leaching of metals by Thiobacillus ferrooxidans has proven useful in mineral processing. Here, we report on a new use for T. ferrooxidans, in which bacterial adhesion is used to remove pyrite from mixtures of sulfide minerals during flotation. Under control conditions, the floatabilities of five sulfide minerals tested (pyrite, chalcocite, molybdenite, millerite, and galena) ranged ...
finding selective collectors relative to pyrite and zinc in separation of copper and zinc minerals from pyrite . However, with selective reagents in copper flotation, amount of sphalerite and fineground pyrite grows in the zinc flotation cycle, which mutilates flotation process. It is known that zinc cycle of
Heterocoagulation between various fine mineral particles contained within a mineral suspension with different structural and surface chemistry can interfere with the ability of the flotation processes to selectively separate the minerals involved. This paper examines the interactions between chalcopyrite (a copper mineral) and pyrite (an iron mineral often bearing gold) as they approach each ...
· A process for separating pyrite from sulfide ores and coal which comprises subjecting said sulfide ore or coal containing said pyrite to flotation in the presence of a depressant for pyrite, said depressant comprises about to pounds per ton of 2S thiouroniumethane sulfonate.
Pyrite as the most abundant sulfide mineral is often associated with valuable sulfide minerals, coal and gold. It is very important to study its electrochemical behavior in the flotation process.
· (2010). Effect of H2O2 and NaSH Addition to Change the Electrochemical Potential in Flotation of Chalcopyrite and Pyrite Minerals. Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Review: Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 2429.
the process and remarkable development taken place in flotation technology and its ancillary systems, it has now become possible to recover fine grained sulphide minerals from complex ore deposits, whose processing was earlier considered uneconomical. Today, about 400 million tons of sulphide ore is treated annually by flotation process worldwide.
Role of starch and metabisulphite on pure pyrite and pyritic copper ore flotation 43 occurred with mg/ dm3, while 21% depression occurred with the same dosages of starch at pH where pyrite flotation is expected to be weak at pH 10.
Process. 61 (2001) 13–22 19 in Fig. 3, the flotation behaviour of the sphalerite and pyrite particles is very similar in the first concentrate. The results in Fig. 6 also confirm that PAMH is a stronger depressant than PAMC and that the better selectivity obtained with PAMC is a result of the smaller depression of sphalerite with this polymer.
· Through the flotation experiment of pyrite and talc artificial mixed ore, the flotation separation effect of pyrite and talc after the intermolecular assembly of the solid–liquid interface flotation agent was investigated. The artificial mixed ore flotation test was carried out in a 40 ml hanging trough flotation machine. The flotation time was 3 min, the amount of artificial mixed ore was 2 ...
These flotation concentrates are often refractory to cyanide or require very high reagent additions to achieve even low recoveries as the gold is often locked within pyrite or arsenopyrite. It is recommended that you first read our website section on the Aachen reactors to provide some background before reading further about the Leachox™ process.
gangue minerals it is important to understand its role in the flotation process. Majority of the recent investigations on flotation of fine coals have been conducted with coal feeds obtained by either dry grinding or wet grinding. 11 Therefore, the effect of different grinding methods on the separation of coal from pyrite .
Oxidation of pyrite in air showed a marked effect on the flotation properties of pyrite. In alkaline surroundings the recoveries were reduced by 30%. This effect was not observed during flotation in acidic solutions, since in situ leaching was taking place thus removing the oxidation products from the pyrite .
Keywords: Pyrite, trithiocarbonate, xanthate, collector, nitrogen, flotation. INTRODUCTION Xanthates (dithiocarbonates) have been the collector of choice for the flotation of sulfide minerals ever since the flotation process was developed and have been studied quite extensively. Although some limited
· Batch flotation tests indie that the collectorless flotation of Mo–Bi sulfide ore resulted in lower flotation kinetics but higher selectivity than those of the collector flotation process.
· The results show that the collector only adsorbs on the pyrite surface, while the inhibitor has a strong adsorption capacity on the pyrite and talc surface. Through the change of the order of the flotation reagent addition, PAX preferentially adsorbs on the pyrite surface, thereby preventing guar gum from adsorbing on the pyrite surface and achieving the selective inhibition of talc by guar gum.
1991 (English) In: International Journal of Mineral Processing, ISSN, EISSN, Vol. 33, no 14, ... and are correlated with the thermodynamic studies to elucidate the mechanisms involved in the flotation of pyrite with xanthates as collectors.
Froth flotation is a process for selectively separating hydrophobic materials from is used in mineral processing, paper recycling and wastewater treatment industries. Historically this was first used in the mining industry, where it was one of the great enabling technologies of the 20th century.
The influence of pyrite oxidation on flotation of other valuable sulfide minerals is an important topic for the mineral industry and has attracted many studies . Owusu et al.  recently investigated the effect of pyrite on flotation of chalcopyrite and reported pyrite can be activated by
keywords: flotation, pyrite, depressant, starch, metabisulphite 1. Introduction Chalcopyrite is often associated with pyrite and economical extraction of copper demands selective depression of pyrite from chalcopyrite. Conventionally sodium cyanide is used as a depressant in alkaline conditions for the selective depression of pyrite from chalcopyrite during the froth flotation process, leading ...
Flotation of pyrite is possible below pH 11 with short chain xanthates, but is depressed above about pH 11 Depression of Pyrite 1. Hydroxyl as depressant (OH) The hydroxyl ion functions a depressant for two reasons: With high hydroxyl activities, above pH 11, xanthate oxidation to dixanthogen
Assessment of the floatability of chalcopyrite, molybdenite and pyrite using biosolids and their main components as collectors for greening the froth flotation of copper sulphide ores